Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sour Christian

I am finding out that the law is ministering death to me. I want to be freed from legalism and into an intimate relationship with Christ... I don't want to be a sour Christian.

I have been reading a devotional each morning and watching Joyce Meyer everyday for the past two weeks. I found out that I am a sour Christian. I notice that whenever I talk to people, including my family, I feel like I am being too legalistic. Where is my heart? It's not like watching Joyce was a bad thing, but I think God would rather have me talk to Him each morning than watch a video. Only God can change me, not the law. If I act of the law, then the law grows in me and suffocates me like a vine around my neck. I want to have life and be fruitful. I am tired of arguing about my Christianity with people and saying what is right and what is wrong.

My mouth, and my anger are two of my biggest problems. Anger is a huge issue because whatever comes out of my mouth, when I am angry, is fatal.. it's like I am shooting poison from my mouth. I love God, but no one can tell; the things that come out of my mouth don't really show that I have an intimate relationship with God.

I shouldn't "act," or "try" to be a good Christian, but I should eat and drink of the Lord and have an intimate relationship with Him. From that will come the good fruit. I pray that I continue to learn the ways and to not get caught up with the "law," but the life!

2 comments:

  1. Jamie:

    I HIGHLY recommend you read The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. Grab it and read it today. You won't be disappointed. Let me know your thoughts on it.

    "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Gal 5:1

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Jamie...I love seeing you grow, and to see how strong you are in your faith. I have always believed if we take it as our responsibility to save the world we will end up feeling like a failure. I also feel that the only way I can live and do the best is to lead a good life, and set a good example. There will be people that take notice of that, and will want to know why you are always positive and optimistic and have a silly smile glued on your face.... we can only be the change in the world that we want to see...I agree with Ghandi on that one.
    You are beautiful inside and out. Let it shine! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete