Monday, September 20, 2010

I want the world to love me, but God loves me

Who I was and who I am
Are like night and day
One free and crazy
The other obedient to the Maker
But there can't be middle ground
I can't have my cake and eat it too.

I once heard lukewarm is worse
Than not choosing a side.
Too be free and careless is to
Fit in with the world,
But I can't go back
Even if I am hated, I can't go back.

Am I too serious about all of this?
Why is following Love
Such a bad thing to the world?
I want the world to love me,
But GOD LOVES ME.
... sigh ...

Sometimes it feels like it's not enough
But what are feelings anyway
But a passing lie in time.
God is the Truth and the Light and the Way
Why should I be afraid to gain Christ?
...Because I won't be accepted by the world.

Wait. I want the prize so bad
The angels beside me are
Cheering me on
And the Love of God
is with me always
To live is Christ, but to die is gain!

1 comment:

  1. "To live is Christ, but to die is gain!" Amen! Keep up the walk!

    ReplyDelete