Friday, September 4, 2009

"One-Uping"

The people that are so mean to me are the people that put a smile on your face... Girls sometimes make me sick to my stomach in the way they act and hold grudges... Why make me feel bad for my past? God said "forget the things behind and reach forward to those things which are ahead"(Philippians 3:13) Or, am I the one holding on?

I know that I am not perfect, but why are my mistakes so open for everyone to criticize? And why is it that when they make a mistake, it's as if nothing happened. They still keep the same friends and attitudes. Satan wants me to be jealous; he wants me to blame God. I often think to myself about these people... they are so "happy" and don't seem to even think or talk about God, yet I have him and I am miserable? *it brings me to tears* Something doesn't seem right to me. But then again, why would the devil want to bring down those who don't even know God. He wants to destroy the ones who do.

Lord, keep me. This too shall pass. Be my rock, my shield. Use my past for your will, because I know "ALL things work together for good for those who love Christ and serve according to his purpose." I know that "perfect love casts out ALL fear." And, when I see you, everything else that I thought mattered seems to fade. Use me. Even if that means that I am in the shadows while others are on a pedestal, because my light comes from within. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment