Sunday, October 24, 2010

"Why" and "Half-hearted Christians"

If I sound "preachy," I apologize, but my purpose is not to point fingers at anyone but myself. I have learned all of these through my experiences, and those experiences are what I share. I often find that writing them helps me too when I can look back and remind myself of how far I have come!

I have heard a lot of people asking the question, "Why," as in "Why do bad things happen to good people?" but yet they do not see the point. The point is that we do not have to know the "Why" but that we trust God and know that He loves us. If we knew everything, then we would be God; and, what would be the point in knowing everything? People ask why God let the planes crash into the twin towers, but I would say to them that it wasn't God that did that, but man. God wasn't driving that plane- men were. We have the choice to choose God, but some people don't. I think the hate in this world is caused by the lack of not knowing Christ and His Love. God is Love. This is what happens when people do not know God. I also find it interesting that the people asking the question of "why" proclaim they are Christians, yet openly live in sin.

I am deciding to choose right now. I choose life! I can't tell people how to live their lives if I am not following God. If I am stealing, then I cannot give advice to others not to steal. A lot of people are giving advice, but they themselves are not following it. Do we want to be half-hearted Christians, who have one foot in the world and one foot in heaven? I don't think it works that way. God said that we shall worship no one besides Him. There are so many idols that people wouldn't even consider idols. Feelings can be an idol if you rely on them rather than God. A person can be an idol, or money. Anything that we are consumed by that isn't God is an idol.

God is so enjoyable! He should have the first place in our hearts. Some people shy away from that because they want to be in control of their own life... but look at the mess that happens when they are. Just saying!! The reason I can say all of this is because I am still learning. To see where I was before and where I am now is just amazing, and I know as a fact it was God that did it all! If I say these things like I am judging, I am really NOT! My purpose is to share my testimony! All of the bad in me was caused by not having God in my life and following Him. He has a purpose for us, and we need to open our eyes and see!!! This amazing life I have is all because of the one in me! My life is hidden with Christ!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment